December 7, 2008

Pop Culture Infiltrates Life

I’m a big fan on honesty.

I mean, for the most part, it’s what each of us deserves right?

Well, sometimes other people’s honesty goes too far. It borders on too much information. And really, there are something’s that I have NO desire to know about.

Perfect example is a 334AM text message saying: “Smile like you mean it. I am in love with someone else.”

I had to read it twice it was so insane.

And then, my thought process was, “did you just quote the killers.” Followed by “wtf.”

That is when I saw the timestamp stating it was 334. At which point, I am sure this new “love” is not in the picture… and if he/she is, they have no idea that you are texting me when you should be sleeping/fucking or doing anything but texting yours truly.

The same morning at a more normal hour (11ish) I re-read this. And start to formulate the perfect answer back… using lyrics from The Killers. Because, I have the image of this guy searching painstakingly through the discography of The Killers catalogue trying to find the perfect line to sum up his… triumph? Of getting over the relationship and moving on… (This btw, as everyone knows was over before this. And he originally ignored the initial break-up) which took till 3am.

So here are the answers I considered sending:

“Mr. Brightside”

“Believe me, Natalie”

“Andy, You’re a Star”

“Nobody Dances with Michael”

“Somebody (already) Told Me”

“This Is Your Life”

“Goodnight, Travel Well” (the winner, in my book)

“Forget What I Said”

“I Can’t Stay”

In the end, I sent nothing.

Why open up that kind of damaging communication when my life is going perfectly fine, and this person tried to disrupt the universe.

So yea…

Between that and a series of unwarranted “imissyou” “istillthinkaboutyouallthetime” “icantlivewithoutyou” messages; there was a trifecta of crazy going on in text land. This is not fun for me.

But I powered through.

And got 2.5 minutes of amusement out of it.

1 comment:

jff said...

have i told you lately that i love you?